Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hello,


We have Easter behind us and a lovely spring full of beautiful vibrant Colored Flowers.

I just love the crocus, daffodils,  the forsythia and the grape hyacinthes!


Spring flowers just make me smile!

 

So where's The

finished Henrietta Hen?

 

First she was a suggestion from my sister. She raises chickens for the sheer joy they bring her!

(now bear with me if you've been here before!)

I drew a hen that had the qualities she needed to:
1. Sit decoratively in someones kitchen or bar.
 2. be large enough to utilize as a cutting board,
3.  look like a hen!

I submitted this drawing to my wood working husband and my sister for approval:


Two thumbs up!


Next my Hubba cut her out and sanded her:



When she was ready for me I got out my trusty old brushes and paints.  Then  painted her to be a wise Henrietta hen! My Hubba loves her smircky smile....



After the paint is completely dry she gets several coats of our special blend of food grade mineral oil/ yellow bees wax finish.


Now she's ready to help in the kitchen or party with your wine and cheese!


Thank you for following us through our adventure.

If you'd like to check out our shop at Etsy we're at:



My husband's grandmother used to say, "I could laugh or I could cry. Laughing's a lot more fun!"

 Have a Happy Spring day!



1 comment:

  1. She's adorable! Love the flower photo too! Can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete